Thursday, December 14, 2006

Delightful Scrap Kit



Today is devoted to the SAB scrap kit, Just Delightful. There are several colors of cardstock and 2 different patterned cardstock in this kit. In todays samples I used the multi striped one. It has a white base and stripes of regal rose, bashful blue, certainly celery, so saffron and always artichoke. It also is very worn/distressed in appearance.
In the first card I also used some of the stickers in the kit. The blue tag shape is a sticker. If you have never played with a scrap kit before you should know that the stickers are cardstock stickers, quite thick and very nice quality. Don't be at all concerned about them looking like a cheap sticker slapped on your project. I stamped a flower from the Delight in Life set in rose red and colored it with an aquapainter and regal rose ink. So saffron is in the center but the ribbon covers most of it. The background is done by repeatedly stamping a different stamp from the set. I punched 2 holes in the center of my flower to feed the ribbon up through. After tying the knot I put several dimensionals behind the petals to keep it in place.

I like this card better than the first. This one has a bashulf blue base stamped with a small background type stamp from the set. On the regal rose panel behind the main image I stamped the outline flower in rose red. I again stamped the main flowers in rose red and colored with regal rose, rose red, so saffron and an aquapainter. I did use a gray watercolor crayon to add just a hint of shadows around some of the petals so they appear to be popping off the page. I created a mask of the flowers so I could add the green swirly tendril thingies (how is that for technical?!). I added some bashful blue brads and popped it up on dimensionals so there was room for the ribbon. The sentiment is from the Happy Harmony set, I think I will be using that one a lot.
Have a Merry Day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. Now I tried stamping with a coloured inkpad and then watercolour with aquapen, but my image bled. Does this not happen to you? what is your trick?

dawnmercedes said...

Love this card too!