Wednesday, December 13, 2006

SAB Delight


My SAB sets arrived almost a week ago and my inspiration to use them was off on vacation or something!! So, I did as I said I would and forced myself to use them. I ordered the Happy Harmony and Delight in Life sets and the Just Delightful scrap kit. By bedtime last night I had done 6!! Now I have daily blog uploads for the week...love that!
This first card is done with the image from Happy Harmony. I used my markers to ink the stems in always artichoke and the flowers in regal rose. To create a bit of depth to the flowers I added touches of rose red to the edges. Then I added a touch of Stardust Stickles for a little sparkle. The word 'Delight" is from a sentiment in the Delight in Life set and I just inked the one word in chocolate chip. The edges are sponged with artichoke. The regal rose panel in stamped in the same ink using Aida Cloth BG and then pierced a bit. The artichoke background is wheeled in artichoke using the new Leaves a la Carte jumbo wheel.
I did a foolish thing when I preordered from the winter mini. I loved the Leaves a la Carte wheel and the French Flair BG but not the Carte Postal stamp set so I ordered the first 2 and not the set. What was I thinking??? I have been stumped on how to use either of them with what I have. Guess what I'll be ordering come January?? Resisting is futile!!! Anyway, in my stamping last night I incorporated both the wheel and the BG with the SAB sets I have. I will upload the other one later this week.
I am excited about the SAB sets this year, it is a nice variety and I am learning to really love the scrap kits for card making. I hope you'll stop in again to see more samples from SAB.
Blessings on your day!

2 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

GORGEOUS card - I can hardly wait for my sets to arrive!!!
They are stuck in customs right now - 3 days.......

Juliana said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the layout, the stamping and the color combo. I need that stamp set!! :D