Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Snow Retro!

Here is my card to todays SCS color challenge (cool caribbean, real red and whisper white). The colors seem very retro to me so I picked the stamps accordingly. I was in the mood for a shaker card and used an idea from TayloredExpressions for the scallop punch. Inside the shaker are red and silver microbeads. There are also red and caribbean snowflakes stamped inside the shaker. The sentiment on the acetate is from last years SAB set, Alphabet soup, and is stamped in black Stazon. The base of the card is stamped with the Dotted BG in white craft. The cool caribbean strip has a stamp from Seeing Spots repeatedly stamped over it. I created the spots on the shaker and the edges of the red strip with a silver painty pen to coordinate with the silver beads inside the shaker. SInce my use of white was limited on my card, I went with white snowflake brads to finish it off. Not sure who this will go to but it was fun to make.
My SAB sets were delivered last Thursday and I have yet to ink them up!! Besides being busy I must be sick because the mood is just not striking me at the moment. I may force myself to do something later today. Keep posted....

No comments: