Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!!

Well, here we are at the end of another year. It is a natural time to reflect on the past year as well as to think about the coming year. If you know me at all then you know I am not the worlds most optimistic person....I prefer to call myself a realist...others might even call me a pessimist. I am who I am and as a realist I know I probably won't change significantly but that is no reason to quit trying to become the best me I can be, right?? And I do believe God is a big God and can do big things...even in me!! One way my attitude can be changed is by having more gratitude. There are many things to be grateful for but I get so mired in what is in front of me I don't always see them.
Have you ever gotten a new car? Or a new to you car? My husband was gifted with a used Jeep Wrangler back in April. It is like a dream come true for him...he has wanted a Jeep forever! Me, I am thrilled for him but it is not my dream car. I have never paid much attention to them. Now that we own one however I notice tons of jeeps on the road. And if you are driving one the other Jeep owners wave to you...some sorta secret society or something. Who knew?? Were the Jeeps plentiful before I noticed them?? Of course, but suddenly my attention was drawn to them and I could see them. I think many things are like that in life, especially gratitude.
So, looking to a New Year I am going to keep a gratitude journal in hopes my eyes and heart will be more open to the blessings around me everyday. They are there, I just need to be intentional to look for them
I covered this notebook from Target with some paper from the SU hostess Simply Scrappin' kit, Friends and Flowers. The flower is a sticker from the same kit. I used another (square) sticker from the kit to cover a circle piece of chipboard from the On Board kit and trimmed away the excess. Then I used my Crop-o-Dile to punch 4 holes through the chipboard to make it look like a button. I tied some linen thread through the holes and adhered it with glue dots. The ribbon slide is from Making Memories...it was one of my stocking stuffers at Christmas. I put a scrap piece of the patterned paper inside an RSVP pen and now it is complete. A simple and fun project. We all know fun notebooks are more likely to be used...at least I hope!!
Many wishes for a wonderful New Year to you all. Be safe!

No comments: