Friday, December 29, 2006

Lovin' Texture!!


I know...you were probably hoping I would move onto something else...what can I say, I am in love with my Cuttlebug embossing folders. I want to see how many different ways I can use my new toy. I love the new SU Enchante designer paper, it's so gorgeous. What isn't to love about shades of purples and greens? It's just so yummy! Since I still haven't gotten the Carte Postale set (I am holding out for January 1st to get more SAB sets) I am limited in the use of these papers. I cut a piece of the designer paper to fit the textile embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug....WOWZERS!! It looks so fancy and rich. I took about 30 pictures of this card and can't get a shot to show off all the dimension of it so strain your eyes and maybe a little of your imagination to get the whole feel. I just hate trying to take shots at night!! I mounted the embossed designer paper onto mellow moss. The Happy Harmony flowers are inked in mellow moss, pale plum and perfect plum and stamped twice onto very vanilla. I stamped the flowers a third time and cut them out, added stardust Stickles and then popped them up on dimensionals. I inked the sentiment in perfect plum ink and stamped it twice to get a shadow effect. I used celery organdy ribbon and a fancy brad on the bottom of the perfect plum panel and then mounted the entire panel onto the card with dimensionals. Are you getting a picture of all the texture and dimension here?
My housecleaning is calling me so I must go....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh what a wonderful idea...your card is beautiful! I'm going to go try this...

Tracy.H said...

Got my Cuttlebug yesterday! Thanks for the idea...don't you just love it????? The card is beautiful by the way ;0)