Monday, January 08, 2007

Be My Valentine

I am ahead of the game...here is DH's Valentine. I love this Like it A Latte stamp set but usually use brown for the cup. I wasn't diggin' the brown with red last night so I went with black. I am not a coffee drinker so a black cup of coffee is so not me, but alas for the sake of art I can deal, LOL!! The cup is stamped in black onto white card stock. I used real red for the straws and liquid applique for the foam. The XOXOXO's forming the frame are from Fancy Flexible Phrases...a pain to mount but oh so fun to use! I like this flexible set the best by far. I did use a SAMJ for the frame and still didn't get it 100% straight. The heart is red liner tape topped with red micro beads and then popped up on a dimensional. I really like the dimension the beads give. The corners are silver brads. My DH is partial to any cards I make that use dimensionals so I also put the entire stamped panel on dimensionals. The red layer is stamped with the hearts from the set in white craft and then all edges were rubbed onto the white craft pad for a "dreamy" kinda feel.
Thanks for stopping by, Happy day!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beauty Tracy! Love the red beaded heart and the XOXO frame. I bet your hubby will love it!

Linda (aka LSN on SCS)

Jenny Mick said...

Very, very pretty! I'm sure your husband will love it!

Jenny (jfstamps on SCS)

Anonymous said...

Like it a Latte is becoming one of my favorite sets. I love this card. Love the idea of the beads on the heart, and the delicate heart background.
Linda (aka stickups on SCS)

Mere Deaux said...

What a cute Valentine card. Very cute.
Jan [aka Mere Deaux SCS]