Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Serene Sunflower

This whole card started with the bee. I found a set of Making Memories tacks at Big Lots and wondered if I could cut the pin part off and use them as an embellishment. I figured for 1.00 I didn't have much to lose. My wire cutters worked perfectly to cut the pin off and it only left a small bump on the back. Now I need to figure out how to use the other pins, there are dragonflies, ants and butterflies. A dozen in all! I used several glue dots to adhere it to the card.

The card is a combination of marigold morning, more mustard, truly thyme and chocolate chip. I sponged some chocolate chip around the natural ivory panel. The backgrounds are print Pattern and Cheese Cloth. As usual I left off any sentiment since I don't have an intended recipient yet.

Happy day!

No comments: