Monday, February 12, 2007

Be Mine Shaker


Good morning! I thought I would share one of the projects we are doing at my host club meeting tonight. Shaker cards are always so fun to make and give and I thought this one might be a winner with the hubbies. Not too girly froo-froo and motion to boot.
One of the latest ideas going around is using the SU! slit punch to make scallop edges. I might eventually have gotten around to transferring the idea to a circle, but I must give credit to Sarah Moore for this one. She used a Coluzzle to make hers and alas...I do not own one of those so I did have to cheat with my CM circle cutter. You cut out a circle inside a circle. Sarah said she used the 3rd and 6th lines on her Coluzzle if that helps, so you get a donut looking piece in the end. Use your slit punch upside down so you can see what you are doing and feed it in from the inner circle as far as the punch will go. Punch away, just slightly overlapping your punches until you have made it all the way around. The outer circle will just come off leaving you a scallop edge. Mine didn't meet up exactly but it is really hard to see where my last punch overlapped my first. If you can't see it, I am certainly not going to point it out!! (Sarah posted a nice photo if you want to click on her name above it will take you to her blog for a visual)
I did my shaker window in real red and wheeled the Lots of Hearts jumbo wheel over it in black. I then punched 1/8" holes in all the scallops. The love bug is from the Olive You set which I colored in with real red ink and my aqua painter. His body is done with the black watercolor crayon and an aqua painter. I used Scotch foam tape in small pieces to go all around the circle, making a tight fit so no beads would escape. I filled it with some red micro beads before sealing it all up. The card is 5 1/4" square and I white embossed the "Be Mine" from the FFP set in the bottom corner. Some black gingham ribbon finishes it off.
I am off to do some errands...have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Very cute...love the shaker idea with this set.

Craft Accident said...

Nice job! Thanks muchly for the link! :)