Saturday, February 03, 2007

Count Your Blessings

First, I want to thank you for your comments about yesterdays card. I should mention the card given to me by my friend was store bought, by American Greetings. Inspiration comes from many places.

Secondly, thank you for your words of encouragement. Life is not always a bed of roses and my family is in stressful spot that will not likely end soon. But do you know an excellent way to lift your spirits?? Serve someone else, or do something kind for another. My friend Karen and her family are planning on moving to Romania for a YEAR to serve as missionaries. I have gone on a short term trip there and know first hand the poverty and need that exists there. They will be helping the local people develop skills and trades that will provide income for their families. They have a wonderful outlet to sell handmade items to tourists. They will be teaching sewing, wood crafting, gardening to name a few. Karen is also planning on teaching card making and since the turn around time on that is quick they hope it will be a source of income that will not take long to develop. We held a Stampraiser today to raise supplies for Karen. I offered to do the event for free and will also donate my profit from the sales. I still wanted to do more so I took 2 boxes of cards I had on the shelf and we offered them for sale. I was so thrilled that we took in 100.00 just in the sale of cards! We have made a good dent in the supplies on her list as well. What a wonderful morning.
Here is a card in honor of counting our blessings! The stamp is by Printworks. I colored it with an aquapainter and marigold morning, buckaroo blue, old olive, cranberry crisp and chocolate chip. There are orange Stickles on the flower petals. The marigold morning card stock has the Rough Texture wheel used on it. This stamp is just so cheerful!
Thanks for visiting and blessings on your day!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This card is great...beautiful coloring!

DeniseLynn said...

Wow! What a blessing you are to your friend. And the card ... Hello! Love it!!! the colors are so happy and cheerful here in the middle of winter.

snaphappy said...

What a gorgeous card!