Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sparkle!


Good morning!
I finally got my Spring Mini preorder yesterday. With all that has been going in on in our lives I didn't even put my order in until last Monday, almost 2 weeks after the preorder was open!! I think I must be in a mild state of depression because as excited as I was about the mini catalog I just couldn't bring myself to enter in an order. I am sure Jan Tink has a stamping disorder named for this sort of thing....maybe I should see what her cure is!! If there is chocolate in the cure I am all over it!!
Anyhow, I had a workshop to prep so all I had time for was one card with the new Doodle This set. It is such a happy set! I also had a 50% off coupon burning a hole in my purse yesterday so I picked up a Matstack from Joanns, the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies. It has sparkly paper!! So yummy and fun!! I chose this piece from the stack and based my colors off of that. The little flowers on the paper have glitter on them. I stamped the large flower from Doodle This onto shimmer white card stock and used markers, ink pads and an aquapainter to color in (cool caribbean, taken with teal and lovely lilac). I added purple Stickles and a ribbon and called it good.
I hope to have time to play more later but have a house full of kids since we have winter break this week.
Hope your day is blessed!

4 comments:

amymom24 said...

Well, it was worth the wait Tracy. Great card!

~Amy H.

Allison Rankin said...

So very cute...nice job!

Rachel Hope said...

OOOO, Love those colors! The flower is Stunning!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oh!!! what a beautiful work!

Bety