Thursday, March 22, 2007

Die Cut Fun

Okay...so I am way out of season on this one!! I was playing around with marigold morning and decided to try my new Cuttlebug dandelion die cut. Once it was cut out I thought I could make a sunflower from it so it all took shape from there. I cut a second flower from pumpkin pie card stock. The marigold flower is sponged with pumpkin pie ink and the pumpkin pie flower is sponged with really rust ink. I also used my leaves die cut but they seemed awfully plain even after sponging them. I took out the SU retired set, Fantastic Foliage and one of the stamps was almost a perfect match to the diecut, you can see some of the edges. The leaves are mellow moss and I stamped over it with always artichoke. I had several small brown brads left from my Dollar Tree stash so chocolate chip tied it all together. I used CC ink with the Weathered background. It is still missing something and after fiddling for awhile I decided to leave it for another day. Definitely a fall card but sometimes ya gotta go where the wind takes ya!!
Blessings to you this day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice - I'm really into those fall colors myself!

Anonymous said...

Looks great - if you want to add something maybe a saying or word in the lower right hand corner would complete it for you.

grandmascraps said...

I love the design of this, Great job Tracy. I think the brown brads are the perfect touch for this flower.
Gail