Monday, March 05, 2007

Hot Colors!!

Put on your shades, it's gonna be a bright one!
You may have seen Hot Hues stationary items at Target. They have some fun stuff but I usually pass on them due to how pricey they are. I was shopping in a Tuesday Morning store a couple of months ago and found this set of 50 cards and envelopes for 2.99. That was a price I could handle, LOL!! The cards are not the folding kind, just a single panel. They have sat staring at me for some time so I did one set last night.
They are very bright colors and not ones I have a match for in terms of ink or markers so black seemed my best bet. I used the new Petals jumbo wheel in the Spring mini catalog and wheeled about 1 1 /2" of the left sides. I stamped several of the Circle of Friendship stamps onto white, punched them out with a 1" circle punch and layered them on to a 1 1/4" black circle. They are adhered with a dimensional and each card also uses black and white gingham to dress it up just a tad. These would make great monogram cards but, GASP, I don't have the right stamps to pull that off!! I think a set of 5-10 of these would make a nice gift to give someone just because and I love giving just because gifts.

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are great...the additions of stamps and ribbon make them so much fun!

Jan Scholl said...

Target has a ton of cards, envies and embellishments on clearance right now. I think I cleaned them out-check both stationary and the scrap aisle for goodies and maybe wander office supplies too

Juliana said...

These are HOT!

I love what you have done with them. So clever!! You are right, they will make great gifts!

bethtrue said...

Wow $2.99; what a great deal! I've never seen these at Target and unfortunately don't have a Tuesday Morning by me. You scored! Love what you did to these - they look great!

Thanks for sharing your fun creation! Have a great day!

Beth (tired mommy to a busy 3 1/2 year old)