Friday, March 09, 2007

Tissue Please...

Stampin' Up is giving away several Artisan awards this year to demos. To enter you need to submit several cards, scrapbook layouts and 3-D projects. I am really excited about this award because it honors quality workmanship and artistic talent which has nothing to do with whether or not you are a good business person in the SU world. The prize is a great one too, $500 in an SU certificate. I had every intention of submitting work but with the stresses in our home these past few months I do not have the energy or time to devote to making the projects. This tissue box was one of the 3-D ideas I had rolling around in my head but didn't pan out anything like the idea in my head. So...even though I like it...here is a look at my reject!
I covered a chipboard tissue box with paper from the Tickets and Tokens scrap kit. I found the tissue box at a Tuesday Morning store a few months ago. I traced and cut the oval opening at the top and used the slit punch to create the scallop border out of truly thyme card stock. I used red liner tape to adhere ivory ribbon along the bottom and top edges. The flower is a piece of chipboard from the On Board set and it is covered with a different piece of paper from the kit. I used the sanding block to distress the edges and added a button from the neutrals set. The button and chipboard flower are attached with glue dots. After spending quite a bit of time on this thing I was so disappointed that when I put it over a box of actual tissues it didn't even cover it all the way to the bottom!! I spit and muttered over that one!! I will find a good home for it and it was fun to make, so it not a complete loss.
Happy Friday to you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty. Maybe you could add something to the bottom (covered chipboard strips maybe) to make it longer. From your description, you put a lot of time into it and I'm all for "saving" a project.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea - now you're going to have me going to Tuesday Morning to find one!