Monday, March 12, 2007

Toad Love

I am just now getting the Unfroggetable stamp set. It is such a cute set and my DH does have a small frog collection so I really have no excuse for why it has taken me so long to get it. I wanted to make a card for DH because through all the craziness we have experienced lately I realize what a truly wonderful man he is. I mean, I always knew he was wonderful but now I see just what a gift he is to me!!
I cut into my new Petals and Paisley paper for this one. The frog is stamped on the reverse side of the paper I used on the left. I wish a few more of the dots had appeared on his body but it works the way it is. I cut him out and mounted him on a dimensional (my DH thinks every good card has at least one dimensional!) and glued on some googlie eyes. The dotted background behind the frog is a stamp from the Polka Dots and Paisley set stamped in certainly celery on white card stock. I did a few piercings around the corners of the frog panel. Since it is for my DH I kept away from the ribbon, I figured I was stretching it with the pink as it was! It's not fancy but I like the way it turned out.
Blessings on your day!

No comments: