Monday, May 14, 2007

Lovely Lilacs

After going to the Lilac Festival I have lilacs on the brain. Even though the lilacs weren't at peak yet, I studied them closely for color and shape. They really don't come in that many different colors. The most common was a light to medium shade of purple. There were gorgeous ones with a deep reddish purple flower. There were white ones and also one that seemed like a light, creamy yellow. That was it. The fragrance is wonderful as you walk through them. We have one in our yard that has grown quite large and it is lovely in bloom. It is a bit disappointing that they bloom only for a short time.
On to this card. I used a Hero Arts distressed background stamp in creamy caramel on shimmer ivory paper. The lilacs are done with vintage violet, the first layer is stamped off once before putting to paper. The leaves and stem are always artichoke, again the lighter layer is just stamped off first. I trimmed around the background leaving part of the leaves and stem hanging off the edge. If you look close you can see swirls in two of the corners, that is a stamp from my Technique Tuesday Postcard from Paris set. I love that little bit of accent. I ran a piece of mellow moss through the CuttleBug script folder and rubbed the moss ink pad over it to darken the script. The matting is close to cocoa card stock and the card base is artichoke.
Blessings on your day!

3 comments:

teach4mrs.h said...

Tracy,
Your card is exquisite! I makes me homesick. This will be the first time in 28 years that I will miss the Lilac Festival. We have two lilac bushes in our yard and they smell wonderful! But nothing compares to walking through Highland Park and smelling and seeing the thousands of lilac blossoms that surround you.
You have captured the beauty and elligance of the lilac blossom in your card.
Blessings on your day!
Lesa H.

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with this card.
I have this set and I love it.
I like the way you cut out the stem. Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

I love this card...love the lilac cutout and especially the wonderful shaded background. Beautiful!