So I thought I would try my Prismacolor markers again. I can't get better if I don't practice, right? That's what I tell my boys all the time about lots of things. I stamped the flower onto very vanilla with Palette Noir black ink and began to layer on color. The results are okay, I can live with them. When working with non-SU mediums the challenge becomes matching the card stock to your image. I went with garden green for the card and stamped it with Cornish Heritage Farms Leaves 3 backgrounder. The center piece is a scrap of more mustard that I ran through the CB mesh embossing folder. Silly me, the scrap already had something stamped on the right side so I had to use the reverse side. I ran a sponge dauber with really rust ink over it and that left the impressions lighter. I like how it turned out. I matted the flower in black and added a couple of brads.
I have had my eye out for a way to better photograph my cards. Right now I wait until I get a good amount of natural day light but that isn't the most convenient way to go. Greg found a site on line with directions to make your own light box. It didn't look complicated but after 4 months I still have no box. He's a busy guy! Lauren, Mytime on SCS, posted something on her blog last week about a soft box/light set up that was perfect. Check this link to a photo she posted with details. I set out to find one on Ebay and it arrived today. This card is my first time using it and it looks good but I will still need to fiddle a bit to get it right. I love that at 11 pm I can photograph a project!
Card stock to make the card....1.00
Stamps and ink...35.00
camera to take good photos 350.00
lighting to get the best shot possible 50.00
Getting a comment on your card...Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh the lengths we stampers will go....
Blessings on your day!