Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Snappy Birthday!

No new stamping but I thought I would share one of the projects we did at the last host club. This card is based on a tutorial from Nicole Headys blog which you can see here. It was a neat trick for creating the scallop border/circle accent. Hers was oriented the other way but to make crabby fit we did ours length wise. We used the Sandy Shells wheel from the SU spring mini along with the Crab and Company set. I held out buying it for quite some time. I should just cave in the beginning because by the end of a mini catalog I have pretty much ordered it all!! The circle is cut from shimmer white paper. We stamped in black ink and used aquapainters and ink to color it all in. The present is cut out and popped up on a dimensional. The sentiment uses the designer label and circle punches. The circle flap does not want to lay flat so we used a photo anchor from the pewter HPH to keep it secure. This isn't a girly card but the design of it makes me want to add ribbon to look like the handle of a purse. Another idea for another day.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo cute - you've done a great job! I haven't ordered this set either, but I keep seeing these neat cards... well you never know - he may show up on my doorstep some day!

Diane said...

Oh my this card is adorable,and I've seen him on so many diff. cards. I think it's one I'll have to get as well. TFS!!!