Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wet Sunflowers

All this time away from stamping makes me a sad girl!! Who cares if my house isn't ready for sale yet, right?? My mental state of mind is more important at the moment!
I thought I would jump in for today's sketch challenge on SCS as well as try Mondays technique challenge of wet watercolor. I sprayed water onto some watercolor paper and stamped my flowers from Serene Sunflower in so saffron and more mustard. The saffron is not very visible as it really bled out and muted more than the mustard did. I added chocolate chip centers and some always artichoke leaves. It is a cool effect and not hard, give it a try if you haven't already. I stayed with the colors I chose to finish the card. The artichoke pieces are embosssed with the CB mesh folder and the base saffron card is stamped with the Cornish Heritage Farms Weave BG in mustard ink. The button and ribbon are American Crafts. I ended up stamping the bee, cutting him out and mounting him onto a dimensional. I definitely don't recommend cutting many of those bees out...way too many tiny legs!
I don't know if any one has even noticed or cares but I had trouble a couple of weeks ago with the Top 50 stamping logo tracking thingy on the right. The link went dead so I resubscribed and now have to climb the list again. It is so silly but annoys me anyway!!
I want to give a big wave to Tilly in New Zealand!!! Thanks so much for your card yesterday!! How fun to know someone in NZ checks out my blog!!
Today the staff at church is having a lunch for Greg and I am invited. So starts the sadness of goodbyes. God give me strength!!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

oh Tracy...that's just awesome!! Loving the sunflowers. :) Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your day went well at church & there was more happiness than sadness! That sunflower card is awesome. However did you have patience enough to cut out that bee!

Rose Ann said...

This turned out beautifully, Tracy! Love it!