Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Birthday Ellie

Miss me?? This is a busy week at our house. Our house was inspected on Monday and I am driving out to meet the inspector to go through the house we're buying on Friday. Greg left today for a three day camping/hiking trip with some of the graduating seniors, sorta a last bash before he leaves in a couple of weeks. The boys are in their last full week of school and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed! All systems tend to crash when I am overwhelmed so sadly stamping is a bit of a chore this week.
I thought I would start to pair up the new In Colors with some of the regular colors for some new color combos. I started out with the new blue bayou for a base and stamped it in the same ink using the Flannel background. I used a strip of ruby red with the Fontastic background and layered it with sahara sand. You remember that color don't you?? It doesn't see much use in my stamping and I think I am not alone there. I did some piercing along the ruby red strip but thought adding faux stitches may overpower the card. I embossed the ellie with Stampendous Pearlustre Sapphire EP so in person there is a great shine to the image. I used blue bayou and not quite navy to color him in. The ellie, BTW, is from the upcoming new catty set called Year after Year, a great multipurpose set. I layered the image with not quite navy, it is just a shade deeper than the blue bayou and works well with it. I embossed the sentiment (also a from a new catty set, Hugs & Wishes) with detail black EP.
A cute striped ribbon would be a nice touch but you can't use what you don't have!
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

This is such a cute card, and the new colors are looking real fine!

Hope everything goes well with the inspector!