Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yummy Winter Wishes

I loved the tins that Paper Trey debuted last month and just had to order my share. We actually made this at host club last night. I can imagine using them to package homemade fudge and caramels at Christmas time. More yummers!!

Wild Wasabi is not my favorite color, I am trying to use it more so maybe I will like it more. I like it here paired with soft sky, it looks fresh with the silver tin. I wheeled half of my labels with the snowflake wheel/soft sky and the other half I carefully stamped with the winter wishes stamp from Labelicious using wild wasabi. The fit is so close it almost demands a Stamp a ma Jig but I managed to do without. For the belt I got out my much neglected crimper. I cut a strip of wild wasabi 1 1/2" by 11", crimped it and attached it with sticky strip. It is not attached to the tin so it can be easily removed without breaking the belt. I punched out the label with the designer label punch and adhered a small half pearl from the Pretties kit to the center. A small glue dot fits perfectly behind the half pearl! I also used the scallop punch with soft sky and white grosgrain ribbon.

I can see teacher and co-worker gifts in my future!

Blessings on your day, thanks for visiting my little corner of cyberworld.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute! I love these too & I love the colors you used!

YankeeTexan said...

I love love love this! I seriously was just thinking of something to make as a little thank you for people attending my 2nd wedding reception this weekend, and I was thinking of labeling chocolate. No kidding! And then you posted this, making me think that I've got a ton of work to do by Saturday!!
~amber
yankeetexan.wordpress.com

Rose Ann said...

This turned out very nice, Tracy! The Wasabi looks very nice with the Soft Sky. Wonderful treat tin!

Cindy said...

this is so pretty!

Sara Paschal said...

I love this I have purchased some of these tins and am having a great time with them. I need to try your two step approach on the labels, very nice and I love the colors you used.