Thursday, December 20, 2007

Have an "ice" day!

The Dirty Dozen has started doing monthly challenges. It is open to all current and former DD. Each month we have a theme, a required element and a restricted element. This month was a penguin theme, the required element was ice of some kind and the restricted element was blue. What??!! Ice and no blue?? That is a challenge!

Well, put on your sunglasses, friends, my card is full of bling!! I knew I wanted to use this stamp by Whipper Snapper. I love the larger size of it and that I could do some coloring. My penguin selection is decent but most of them are smallish in size. I embossed it in black EP and watercolored him with a combination of watercolor crayons and inks. The ice is Icicle Stickles and it does look icy blue, but believe me it's just the Stickles. As much as I wanted to sneak a bit of blue in, I didn't cheat, LOL! I used Liquid Applique for the snow. I did use a snowflake stamp around the penguin that I embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. And it's all on shimmer white card stock. I couldn't let it rest there, though, I used the Cuttlebug snowflake folder on the pomegranate panel and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a Quickie Glue pen. The faux ribbon on the bottom uses a polka dot border stamp by Denami Designs. The silver accent is a Cuttlebug small embossing folder in a circle shape. I used silver card stock and cut off the corners so it wouldn't overwhelm the space. I highlighted the "cool" words with a black glaze pen.
This card was fun to make once I got over pouting about the blue restriction, LOL.

If you have a moment you should check out the other creations by the girls. There is such amazing talent in this group and I love to see how differently people interpret the challenge elements. See them here. More will be uploaded through out the day.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

love it!!! perfect colors!

Diane said...

Too adorable!!!!