Friday, December 21, 2007

It's a Boy!

How are you?? I hope that as Christmas nears you are finding yourself ready and not over stressed. I am finding I have to choose this mindset rather than it just coming to pass. One of my pastors favorite things to say is, "breathe in, breathe out". I rather hate it when he tells ME that but I do need those reminders, LOL!
This afternoon we leave to go see my brother's family for 2 days. They welcomed their second son into the world on November 29th. We are all very anxious to see the new baby! I had made birth announcements for their first son and asked if she wanted some this time as well. I had purchased a 6x6 pack of Cosmo Cricket paper called Little Boys. At the time I had no particular plan for it but just loved the color scheme and worn look of the paper. I showed it to Melissa along with some ideas and she chose this airplane stamp from the now retired SU set, Toy Box. The colors were dictated by the patterned paper. I had parts of the design done but life and Christmas cards took front stage these last two weeks. Since we are going to see them today I was pressed into action last night. Lucky for me I had the energy and desire to make it a fun process. When it came time to type up all the info on the computer I was struck with the idea of doing it flight related to coordinate with the airplane. You should be able to read it or click on the photo for a larger view, but here is what it says

Announcing the arrival of
Logan Daniel_______
On flight 11.29.2007
Arrival time 3:51am
Baggage dimensions
7 lbs 2 oz
19.5 inches
Co-Pilots Chris & Melissa
Ground Crew Ethan
Sometimes a plan comes together and makes you smile!! I hope they like it! I printed it up on SU's vellum cardstock and set the ink with my heat gun. (after smearing the first 2!) There is a 3/4" strip of card stock that I ran through a Cuttlebug embossing folder so could I place my adhesive under that strip to keep it from showing through the vellum. I really need a circle punch to layer with the 1 3/8" one I have, I wanted to layer the airplane but have nothing close that would work. That would be my only complaint on these. There are dimensionals to pop up the circle. They plan to attach a photo to the left side to finish it.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

2 comments:

Broni said...

Tracy, I love how you used the airline verbage in the announcement! These are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!