Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Square Pair

After Christmas greetings!! I hope your day was filled with joy and you were surrounded by those you love! We had a nice relaxing day at our house, the in-laws were here to celebrate with us. We ate too much that is for sure and we don't even cook on Christmas!
Hubby bought me a beautiful KitchenAid food processor! I have been eyeing a food processor for several years but can never bring myself to spend the money. He said the deal was too good to pass up. I can't wait to try it out. My other gifts were all stamping related! I am so excited to have gotten a Scor-Pal and some Spica glitter markers!! I had to try out the Scor-Pal before the day was over.
Here is what I came up with... I took a 6" square of shimmer white card stock and scored it diagonally into a grid pattern. You could use a ruler and bone folder or a scoring blade on your Fiskars cutter if you don't have a Scor-Pal. I punched a 1 1/4" square out of a sheet of copy paper and used that as a mask to sponge on color. I used soft sky, wild wasabi and river rock inks. I then cut it into 2 pieces to use on my cards. Everything on these cards is SU except the white Liquid Pearls I used on the left card.
The card on the left uses Stem Silhouettes and Everyday Flexible Phrases. The card on the right uses Embrace Life and Celebrate Everything, both sets in the upcoming catalog. Click on the photo for a close up. The card stock is the same as the inks. White grosgrain ribbon finishes them off.
I can't wait to try the Scor Pal out on some boxes. We are off to Rochester for a dinner with family and friends. Maybe tomorrow will be more time to play.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great cards! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Easton said...

Tracy! These are gorgeous! Love the technique and thank you so much for sharing!!