Thursday, December 27, 2007

Card Gift Set

Yes, I am still making Christmas gifts! Thank goodness our festivities are spread out over the course of the week. We were at the in-laws last night for dinner and left the boys with them until we return on Saturday. DH and I worked a half day today and then set about doing errands and puttering around the house. It feels so good to just stamp or work without having to worry about dinner or putting kids to bed. I was so productive which makes it even more satisfying. The boys had a chance to have a play date with some old friends which they were so looking forward to.

I made a set of cards as part of my MIL gift. I did two of each of the following designs. I didn't do a lot of embellishments so they aren't a hassle for her to send out. I used various pieces from the Porcelain Prints designer paper. I really like the color scheme of that paper, it's very soothing. They each use a scallop border that I created with a Martha Stewart border punch I got at Michaels. I like how it punches and embosses and fit the look of my cards perfectly. The stamp sets I used were Roses in Winter, Garden Silhouettes, It's your Birthday and Fancy Flexible Phrases. The FFP is such an awesome set, I can't believe SU never put it into the catalog. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

Don't forget to place your orders for retiring stamps, there are only a couple of days left. I just double checked my own list and placed an order for some of the plastic storage cases. I use them to store my miscellaneous stamps and embellishments. They are also great for storing card projects in process.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are beautiful! I have a friend for whom I make card sets from time to time...she loves to send cards to gals in our church...and this is a perfect set! Thanks for sharing these beauties! Merry Christmas! <><

Diane said...

Oh so lovely!!!

Jen said...

What a beautiful set of cards. So soothing, calm, and lovely.

Anonymous said...

These are all absolutely beautiful. I just love the colors you used.

Happy New Years!

Michelle
blog.michellescrapbooking.com

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...what a beautiful set!! Love it, Tracy!!