Friday, January 04, 2008

Time Well Spent

Happy New Year...a few days late, LOL! Time just flies by. I have been busy stamping for the upcoming Dirty Dozen gallery. I am lovin' my projects but they have been involved, lots of coloring, details and thought. I love that being on the DD stretches my creativity to a new level. But my brain was starting to sputter a bit and needed some simpler, just for fun stamping. I set my scrap bin on the desk and went to town! This weeks posts will be back to basics: stamps, ink and paper. Nothing too fancy or complicated. I hope you enjoy!

Here is card number 1. I appreciate that SU sent its demo's this set, Time Well Spent, cause free stamps are good, but I have had trouble warming up to it. I took a non-coloring approach this time around. I stamped the flowers on pomegranate, guava and saffron card stock, highlighted some of the areas with a Versamarker, cut them out and mounted them on dimensionals. The wasabi stems were stamped right onto some soft sky designer paper. The guava card base has some small flowers stamped in guava ink. The sentiment is from the Celebrate Everything set, punched out with the key tag punch and mounted behind the main panel. That punch is great for adding sentiments of medium size. To get the sentiment straight, stamp first, then punch.


I hope your new year is off to a good start. I spent an entire day cleaning my stamping space. It feels so great to have it organized again and I even found some treasures I forgot I had. I generally hate when I go into my regular grocery store to find they have "rearranged" things but it does work, you see things that you didn't before. Hence, you buy more stuff, just like they planned. That is what re-organizing does, it refreshes your perspective, makes you see things you may have been overlooking (never mind that they were buried sooooo deep they couldn't be seen, LOL). But in this case, you may save yourself from buying some stuff 'cause you realize you had it already!

Enough babbling for today. Have a good one!

No comments: