Saturday, December 08, 2007

Holiday Cheer!

Is anyone still out there??? I am sorry to have been absent for so long. Life sorta overwhelmed me there for awhile. Truthfully, it still is but who isn't feeling it this time of year? It didn't help that I had a bit of a stamping melt down. Ever had one of those?? It's not pretty, let me tell ya! I really just needed to walk away from my craft for time.
Last night I just stamped for fun, no plan in mind. I have been eyeing my pad of Cosmo Cricket Be Good paper that I got from Jacksonbelle. I just love those vintage type papers. I made these 4 cards using the same paper. I wanted simple and not necessarily Christmas. I used the pinecone from Peaceful Wishes and the pine needles from the now retired, Pines set. The pinecones were stamped with chocolate chip craft ink and embossed with clear powder. The pine needles were stamped in mellow moss. I added some Liquid Applique and let it set overnight before heating. TIP: be careful when applying LA over top of an embossed image, if you heat it too much the LA runs as the embossing melts. I used one of my new favorite stamps for the stitching. I got it from Denami Designs on-line. It is almost the full length of a card and I love the look of the stitches and how speedy they are compared to the machine stitches! Each of my cards is finished just a bit differently. I stamped the sentiment in choc. chip craft ink and embossed with clear EP so it would show up over the paper.

Tomorrow I will post what I did with the other half of this yummy paper.

Blessings on your day!

2 comments:

Rose Ann said...

These are gorgeous, Tracy!!

DeniseLynn said...

Yup ... I'm here. Your cards are so very pretty. I'll peek in tomorrow and see what else you've done. Oh and as for the meltdown, Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. Life gets us all a little crazy sometimes.