Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Let it Snow...

not in real life, just in card speak. I am most definitely not asking for snow!!
This is a card a did more than a week ago. I was playing with different stamps, embossing powders and acetate. Someone gave me a big box of copier transparencies so I have lots to experiment with. The copier quality ones make it so it can withstand the heat gun without warping or melting. I stamped a quarter sized sheet with the Dotted BG stamp and embossed with white EP. I thought it reminded me of snowflakes. I am not sure what possessed me to use pink passion as a main color other than I was looking to use a color that isn't one of my standards. That would make every bold bright color qualify! Adhering acetate is always the problem because you don't want to see any glue or tape show through. In this case I used some large white brads from my stash, they may be American Crafts, but since they aren't in their original packaging I don't know for sure. The penguin is an Elzybells stamp, I just think he is so cute! He is stamped on shimmer white and colored with basic grey, pink passion, ony orange and turquoise. One of the cooler parts of my card, you probably can't even see! In a previous round of acetate embossing I used the bold snowflake jumbo wheel with iridescent ice EP. I had some scraps of it and I used the SU snowflake punch to punch some of the snowflakes out. The punch wasn't an exact match but close enough. I used the punched out snowflakes as an embellishment around the stamped image, using small white brads to attach them. If you click on the photo for a bigger view you may see them. It's a subtle touch but I like it!

We are leaving for PA today for Thanksgiving with family. I am off to pack and bake before we leave. Have a blessed day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, love how you did the snowballs.

DeniseLynn said...

Oh very cute card! I do not like the snow so much myself and I'd say the bright colors are the perfect touch on a snow card - to bring some cheery brightness during a dull time of year.

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, Tracy! I love that cute penguin!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fab card realy cute ,Dawnx

Donelda said...

I love that dotted background!! It is wonderful!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this card is stinkin' cute! Love how you did the background! Fab idea!