Monday, March 31, 2008

Faux Linen Blooms

It's time to revisit some techniques! I am teaching a class tomorrow night and we cover one new technique a week as part of our time. This week it is faux linen. You can check out Beates tutorial on Splitcoast here. This new SU set, Bloomin' Beautiful, is well...beautiful! It begs to be watercolored but I loved how it turned out on glossy paper using the faux linen technique. All coloring was done with SU markers. I did use a yellow souffle pen on the centers but the SU white gel pen would work here. The definition stamp in the set was used on the right side, sahara sand ink on sahara sand card stock. The ribbon slide is from the new Hodgepodge hardware set...totally awesome set of embellishments in this new kit! I think the decorative brads are my favorite.
Thanks for stopping by, blessings on your day!

5 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh this is such a lovely card. You know that set has been calling out to me ... if I'm going to get it I'd better save up some $$ and fast. Your cards are always so pretty ... I especially like this one.

Lorien Clark said...

Hey Tracy! Hope you are ok. You haven't posted in awhile.

Renee said...

Beautiful watercolor!

Corie said...

This is just beautiful!!

grandmascraps said...

Tracy, This card is so beautiful. Your work always inspires me. Say hello to Greg and the boys for me.