Sunday, April 20, 2008

DD Challenge Time!

It is time again for another Dirty Dozen Challenge. This one just crept right up on me! Each month, current and former Dirty Dozen gals participate in a challenge. For April Jami gave us a photo as an inspiration. Our required element was to make an inspiration journal of any size. The restricted element was no use of markers or watercolor crayons.

Here is my journal. I used a 6x6 chipboard book from SU. The colors came from the photo Jami gave us. I covered the front and back covers with the SU paper, Afternoon Tea. I added a magnetic clasp by Basic Grey, it is attached with brown polka dot ribbon by American Crafts. The flowers are a combination of silk and card stock. The card stock ones were cut with the Boho punch out of summer sun and pumpkin pie. The edges of the flowers were sponged with ink. The centers are brown brads with accents of Sharpie poster paint pen. The flowers are up on dimensionals. The vase is a punch and the edges of the soft sky card stock are sponged with soft sky ink for depth. I have this library card stamp but I do not know the maker of it; very faintly stamped in soft sky ink is the "inspire" stamp from the Define Your Life set.
Check the gallery on SCS for what the other gals came up with.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Tracy, I absolutely love your journal! The library card, your flowers,the clasp...it just make me sigh!

I'm curious how you coverd the journal entirely. I think I did the same journal, but I set my paper in 1/8" since that's where my spiral punch started. Will you share the secret?

Corie said...

OMG -- this is stunning!!!!