Saturday, April 19, 2008

Backgrounder Challenge

Happy Saturday! We are having a heat wave in New York. It feels like we skipped right over spring and went straight for summer. Soon enough it will feel winter-like again, lol, oh the changing seasons!!
Cornish Heritage Farms is doing a backgrounder blitz this week. I own several, love 'em. I am trying, rather unsuccessfully at the moment, to upload my card to their gallery. So for now I can at least post it here.
I used two backgrounders to create my background for this card, Weave and Leaves #3. I started with glossy paper, stamping the Weave BG onto the paper with celery ink. Then I stamped the Leaves #3 BG in Versamark and covered it with clear EP. I went over the whole thing with a sponge dauber and celery ink. The Weave BG gives it much more depth. The glossy paper is edged with a silver Krylon leafing pen. The bird came from a chipboard pack I have had for a long time. I inked it with chocolate chip craft and embossed with clear EP. He is also edged with the silver pen and I gave him a green rhinestone brad for his eye. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. I wanted to let the background take center stage so I didn't add much else.
We are off to the drive in to see Horton Hears a Who. Have a great night.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Tracy this is so cute!

Hopefully someone will get it figured out about your gallery *wink*