Friday, April 18, 2008

Gift Bag Quickie

We are home. The place we stayed did have wireless but alas, we had very little down time. This morning I am off to work for half the day and after lunch my youngest son returns with this grandma from their trip to Kentucky. It will be good to have everyone home again!

Way back in February, Beate posted a bag that I just loved. You can find her blog listed on the left. Well, I finally got around to making my own version. Host club ladies-we will be making this on Monday so this is a preview! It is so fun and can be changed up in dozens of ways. I guess it is very similar to a Genie bag but I like the addition of the ribbon handles. This bag measures 5" square. Sandwiched in between is a paper bag cut down to measure 4.75" square. It uses that great new SU designer paper from the new mini catalog and all the colors came from the paper. (wild wasabi, chocolate chip, groovy guava) The large flower is from the Pretties kit as well as the half pearl in the center. The only stamping on this project is the polka dots on the flower, it is amazing what a little bit of color does to those plain white flowers! To make sure everything adhered well, I used sticky tape.

Wouldn't these make great bags for favors or a pack of cards? What would you fill it with??

1 comment:

Sheila D said...

What a great little bag. The colors you used look good together. Don't you just love making these things? Have fun!