Friday, June 06, 2008

Hummingbird Garden

Cornish Heritage Farms is having a Kim Hughes Blitz and today was yesterday was their first challenge. It was a limited supply challenge using buttons, ribbon, lime green, orange, chocolate brown and cream colors and of course, any Kim Hughes stamps. I only have 2 of her stamp sets so I went with the Pretty Birds set. I think I went off the normal path from most samples I have seen with this set. I used only 3 stamps, the paisley to create the background, the tulip and the small hummingbird. Coloring was done with SU inks. I found 3 buttons in my stash that fit together and mounted it over a small piece of ribbon. I won't tell you how many cards got tossed before making this one!
I am off to tackle my looooooooong list of things to do.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: