Monday, June 02, 2008

The Rest of the Story...

I posted last time a card using this Lockhart image. When I colored it, I did a whole sheet of 9 images. I just got finished making the other 8 into cards. I did 2 batches and each has slight variations. You can click on the photo for a bigger view.
The first batch are these 4 1/4" square cards. I cut them with a square Nestability and layered with with a square of chocolate chip cardstock. I was going for a more clean look but now I wish I had done a couple of them with a scallop border. Oh well. As I can't leave "white" space, I decided to stamp the base bordering blue card with the Sunflowers Backgrounder stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. It added the perfect touch! On some I added ribbon, others Dew Drops. All of the stamped images are up on dimensionals.
The second batch I made the traditional A2 size. The bottom pattern paper is from WE R Memory Keepers, it matched my colored image pretty well and I like the more vintage feel it gives. I used the Fiskars Threading Water punch for the scalloped border. The sentiments I used are from PaperTrey.

TIP: On some of my cards I wanted to use Dew Drops but I didn't have the right colors. As many of you have already read elsewhere, you can color them with Copic Markers. Ingenious I tell you! I thought I would share with you how I go about coloring such a small item. The mini glue dots are the perfect size for the dew drops and make for a quick way to adhere them to your project. I placed some clear drops onto the strip of Glue Dots and while they were still attached, I colored them. After they dried for a minute, I used them on my card. Easy Peasy.
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Lisa Kind said...

These are so cute, Tracy! And that tip with putting the dew drops right on the glue dot is a "duh" moment for me! TFS!