Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hello!

I have been pretty tied up with our kitchen this week. I try to keep this blog mostly stamping related but thought I would share an update on our remodeling. When we set out to do this project it was with much prayer and faith, especially when it came to financing it. I saw a bigger than budget project but we knew it needed to get done, for many reasons. Our home is where much of our ministry takes place and it just wasn't set up well for having people over. We took down a wall and created a large eat-in space. We could only make this dream a reality if we did all the work ourselves. But "ourselves" is a very loose term as we have received help from many people. Holly and her hubby were here on Saturday to help us install our cabinets. What a blessing that was! My FIL spent countless hours here during the first month helping with the demo and electric. I used my bargain hunting skills where ever I could, hardly anything that is going into this space was paid full price for. We have turned the corner and the end is in sight although the list of small jobs is still a mile long. Greg and I laid down half of the flooring last night. (my butt muscles are so sore today, lol) We had the measuring done for the counter tops tonight and I am praying they get installed before we leave for vacation next Saturday. Here is a small photo gallery of what has happened. Click on any of the photos for a bigger view.
Photo 1 is our old kitchen space, very small and in rough shape. (that is oldest son, Josh, taking down the doors)
Photo 2 is the wall partially opened up
the rest are how it is shaping up now that cabinets are in.





On a stamping related note...my SU demo pre-order finally arrived today! I place it on the 1st and between the picking delay and the shipping, it took 2 weeks. I hope to find time soon to play so keep tuned for that.

Have you heard yet? The 2008 Dare to Get Dirty challenge is coming! Stay tuned to SCS for details, you don't want to miss the fun. This is the 5th anniversary of the Fan Club and current and alumni dirty girls are hosting a week of challenges. If you are a Fan Club member, YOU can play along too! I will be posting my challenge samples next week. I hope you will plan to join us!

3 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Hey Tracy! I was just going to send you a note and see how the kitchen thing was going! It's sure coming together nicely! The cabinets look great. Looks like it will have been very much a labor of love (well you probably don't feel very loving about it right now). I'm sure though when it's done you'll use it for great ministry and relationship building times. Blessings! C

teach4mrs.h said...

Wow! What a transformation! I'm trying to picture how it was and where everything is now. It's so different without the wall there. You have so much more space. The cabinets look great. It will be so beautiful when it's completed. Thanks for share these pictures with us! Lesa

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Very nice, Tracy! Shaping up!