Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindred Spirits & Salsa

Happy Thursday! Today I have another simple card using some new SU stamps. This time it is the Kindred Spirit set. Did you notice how several of the new sets in the catalog are double mounted? On some of the larger stamps they have double mounted them onto one block, saving space and money. I was so thrilled to see some of the larger image sets priced so reasonably and no doubt the double mounting is one big reason. This set comes with 2 large images and 2 sentiments for 21.95! I stamped one of the images twice along the left side of my baja breeze panel using BB ink. Like yesterday, I paired it with kiwi kiss, they just go together so nicely. The sentiment is a combination of the curly label set and All Holidays. I stamped the curly label stamp 2x, once on vanilla and once on kiwi. I wish that the SU small oval punch matched the stamp but it is slightly off, bummer! To finish it off I used some vanilla wide grosgrain and a brad.
It seems I am always in need of thank you cards and I could easily make several of these in one sitting.
I made some labels for the salsa I did the other day. I plan to make up baskets of goodies at Christmas so I thought it best to keep the kraft label theme going. This time I used one of the border pieces in my Just Rite stamper. Since I didn't have anything remotely like a hot pepper or tomato in my stamp collection I went with the house stamp from PaperTrey's Holiday Treats set. I stamped it in Riding Hood red and sponged the outer edges with it as well. This time I used SU's new 1 3/4" circle punch, it is a great fit for the stamper.
I love to cook and bake but haven't really talked about it much here. I hope you are enjoying the recipes and ideas for gift giving. It is never too early to start preparing!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I may have to get that curvy label punch after all!!