Monday, January 26, 2009

Be My Valentine!

Another Monday! Today I am off to Rochester to meet up with friends and do some stamping! I plan to take the whole day to go to all my favorite places before having dinner with the girls.
Before I go, I thought I would share with you my class projects for tomorrow night. Twice a month I teach at a local rec center in Lewiston and tomorrow night's class is Valentines themed. I am sprinkling in some new techniques as well!

We will be making a spinner card using some Cornish Heritage Farms stamps, a milk carton with SU's new Love You Much set and a clear pillow box using a portion of a Magenta stamp. Here is a close up of the pillow box


It is a modification of the floating image technique. We will be adding some souffle pen accents on the front of the acetate as well as coloring the image underneath, it gives a wonderful dimensional look! The heart is stamped 3 times, once on vanilla and colored, once onto coral cameo with the center cut out and once onto acetate. There is foam tape between the acetate and vanilla layer to make it "float". I didn't want all the projects to be red or scream hearts so this is a nice option for a small gift. I was able to use up some of my retired SU papers on these projects which felt good!

I hope we can get through all of these projects in our normal time frame, should be a fun class!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Looks like it's going to be a great class! Enjoy your stamping day...I'm envious!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

AWesome class projects! Love the clear box...clear always makes me happy!