Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Whipper Snapper Wednesday

Just a quick post today. During my stamping frenzy last week I worked on some boxes. I often make my own but I had a few templates I have been waiting to try. This one is a modification of the 2,5,7,10 box and complete instructions can be found on SCS here. I love the addition of a flap and to keep it closed I used some Basic Grey magnetic snaps. Those are some strong magnets! The box is a nice size to hold some sweets at Valentines day. To make it a bit more versatile, I used this truffle stamp by Whipper Snapper (one of Anna's designs). I did some quick water coloring on it and added a drop of Crystal Effects over the cherry. At this moment, I am drawing a blank on who made the paper, but they are both by the same company. I rounded the corners of the flap and added a button. IRL the colors look more matchy than my camera is showing!
This is a fun box to try if you haven't already!
Are you a Biggest Loser watcher? It was quite the season opener! I keep watching hoping it will motivate me, lol. Maybe next week.

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Whipper Snapper Wednesday...like the way that sounds! I looooove these truffles by Anna Wight!

Gail S. said...

Very fun box!! I will have to try that. I love The Biggest Loser! I watch it every season. It is incredible how these people completely change.