Monday, July 27, 2009

Window Scene

Happy Monday! Our family packed up on Saturday for a week at the lake so I have set a few posts for while I am away. A relaxing week is just what I need before I start my job!

I do not have a template for the spout on the tea pot match book. I am not the best free hander either but I scribbled away on scrap paper until I had something that worked.

This is my project for week 4 of Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Design Challenge, Creating a Scene.

I used 2 sets by Kim Hughes, Bear Hugs and the Birds and the Bees, to create a window scene. I knew I wanted to do the pie and bees but it was looking a bit plain. The solution was to lightly stamp the mountains in the background. I used several very light Copic markers to color in the sky, grass and mountains. It was not the focal point so I didn't want to draw a lot of attention to it but it definitely added the touch I was looking for. The papers are from My Mind's Eye Pretty Please line. I cut the curtains by hand and used a Fiskars border punch on the valance. The tie backs are 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and brads. Everything is up on 1 or 2 dimensionals.
Once I had the scene done, it seemed too much for just a card so I incorporated it into a recipe box. The box itself is another one of the Perfect Package boxes I ordered from Taylored Expressions. I stitched some of my layers before adhering them to the box.
Here is a look at the side...

The letters are Basic Grey Milk Chocolate Chip chipboard. The name is fitting for a recipe box isn't it??
My favorite bridal shower gift to give is a binder of my favorite recipes. Over the years many of the brides have told me they use the binder all the time. I think this box will make a fun alternative to my binder.
Tomorrow I have a recipe to share, one of the ones I include in my binder. See you then.

3 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

WOW what a cute Recipe box! And a great scene Tracy!

Have fun camping!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful project Tracy! love this box and the super scene you created for the front - this is a very thoughtful gift for a bride to be!! Have a great vacation - we're presently at the lake for a week too!

Cheryl said...

What a terrrfic card! Love the country, homespun feel of it! And that salad looks delicious! Love those one dish meals!