Friday, August 07, 2009

Sunny Days

Though this morning is sunny, I am referring to the Sunny Day scrap kit from SU. In my workshop last night we did a couple of projects using paper from that kit. I love the bright colors!
First we made a cupcake favor bag using a small kraft bag. I purchased the bags at Michaels and cut them down to 4" tall. The base of the cupcake is tempting turquoise that started out 3"x5" and we cut in a half inch on either side of the bottom. You can score lines to make it look more like the folds on a cupcake liner. For the top, I cut out a template by hand that we all followed. All the circle centers have dazzling diamonds glitter on them for sparkle. Our cherry is a 1 1/4" circle of regal rose sponged with rr ink.

We also used the Party Hearty set and regal rose wide grosgrain ribbon. Oh the party favors you can make!
Here is a shot of the side of the bag.

Inspired by the card on page 164 of the new catalog, we made this cute birdhouse card...

For the bird, we used the Cheap Talk set. The pumpkin pie textured card stock came from the same scrap kit.
These were fun to create, I hope you enjoyed them!

On a different note: do you do a lot of shopping on-line? Do you use Ebates?? If not, you should, because you could be getting rebate checks in the mail just for shopping. There are tons of stores that participate so it is easy to use. It is a free and simple way to get a couple extra bucks. I have been signed up since last fall, every bit of savings is a help these days! Check out http://www.ebates.com/ for details. If you sign up you can list me as a referral. Referrals get you extra money in your account.

2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

These are fantastic, Tracy! I love the cupcake bag! Very clever! Thanks for the info on the ebates. I'll have to check it out and if I sign up I'll definitely mention your name!

ChristineCreations said...

What an adorable little bag! A cute cute pair Tracy! Hope you had a wonderful bunch of family time on vacation!