Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Featured Stamper

When I first became a stamper I lived in the challenge forums on SCS. Now I rarely get a chance to do a challenge. I miss it.

When I saw that Michele (aka mitchygitchygoomy) was this week's featured stamper I was sooo excited! I met Michele 2 1/2 years ago when she traveled down from Canada to attend our first WNY stamp event. I was immediately struck with her kind spirit. We had 50 people signed up for the event and it was a lot of faces to try to remember. Hers I will never forget, she is that kind of person. And talent? She oozes it! I knew I had to carve a bit of time out of my week to honor my friend.


Here is my card, but I warn you it is very scaled down from her card which you can see here. I loved the circle card and faux blanket stitching on her card. The best part was that adorable sheep but I wanted to go for a Christmas card so I used a Spellbinders bird die.



I did give the doodling swirls Michele did on her card a try but the results we pretty pathetic. Instead I used the Cuttlebug Swirl embossing folder. Since the bird die does not come with wings, I improvised and created them using a Fiskars holly leaf punch. The wings in sage tied in with the paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly. To keep the color scheme clean I used pearls instead of red berries. The sentiment is from an older SU hostess set.

So there. I did a challenge. Now I want to do more but I have to go to work.

Tip #7 post: Celebrate Traditions

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

You know, I miss the challenges too, it's just so hard to juggle it all isn't it. Love your sweet bird Tracy!