Thursday, May 13, 2010

Expressions

I love working with new sentiment sets because it leaves so much room for creating! Today is the release of a set called Thomas Kinkade Expressions. They work well with many of the different Kinkade stamps but obviously sentiments can go with many different stamps or ideas.

Today I am sharing two cards I made with the new set. I also used a new-to-me stamp from CHF, #28 Mushroom Lane. These mushroom houses are adorable and so fun to color. I used my trusty Copic markers on this sample.

Ths second one was en experiment with copper. I purchased a roll of copper ages ago from Ellen Hutson's store. I used my new Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die to cut the copper, worked like a charm! Then I embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. Embossing made it more rigid, which was a great side effect. I curled the petals on the flower with a pencil and created a matching brad with my i-Top brad maker (cool tool!) for the center. The dimension on this card would make it a bit tricky to mail without some damage.

I have to say, I will be working more with that copper!

It is Friday...yeah! We will be away part of the weekend so hubby can officiate a wedding for a former youth group kid. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

CUTE cards! That copper flower is very creative! :)

Julia Aston said...

What a fun mushroom house! and I just love that copper flower and beautiful DP you used with it!

Pat said...

Wow...love the copper! This looks like a beautiful piece of home decor instead of a card.

Cheryl said...

You are one of my idols! I can't believe all the cards you've posted this week and now two in one day! Beautiful cards all!
Love the little mice!
the mushroom house-sweet!
The copper flower-to die for! (I'm certain I have a roll of copper from my tole painting days-mmmm.)
Hope you had a great time away for the wedding. How special!