Monday, May 17, 2010

Moments in Bloom

When Unity Stamps unveiled their May Store Kit I knew it was a must have. It was selling out so fast I only got half the kit, but it was my favorite half! It arrived at the end of last week and I snuck in a few moments to stamp before we left for the weekend.

The flowers in this set are so wonderful. I used some markers to color the stamp prior to putting it to paper. I also added some additional coloring with markers after it was stamped. The grid stamp in the background is another stamp included in the set, I stamped it in the new Pumice Distress ink as well as using that color to do a bit of sponging around the edges. It is very subtle but I used another stamp from the set to stamp on the yellow strip of pattern paper. I stamped it in yellow, on yellow, so it is quite faint. The paper is by Basic Grey and the ribbon is some SU grey taffeta.

We had a fantastic weekend away. We actually went to our old church so hubby could officiate the wedding of a former youth group kid. We had the chance to attend church there for the first time since leaving almost 3 years ago. It was so good to see familiar faces and catch up with old friends. It did our hearts good. The wedding was beautiful and you couldn't have ordered up nicer weather! The boys got plenty of grandparent time in while we were doing wedding business so it was good for the whole family.

I hope your weekend was enjoyable!

1 comment:

Kathy Martin said...

Love this card! Great stamp and aging! :)