Saturday, May 08, 2010

Saturday Stuff

Just checking in with a few things this morning. Greg and I spent the day hanging out and having lunch at the Olive Garden. In the evening we took the boys to see Iron Man 2. The movies have gotten so expensive that we hardly go more than once a year. We wait for the video to come out. Our boys know it's a big deal if we go to a theater. (they're so deprived aren't they...NOT!) Well, we had a gift certificate and we thought it would be a fun way to include them in our anniversary. We all really enjoyed the movie.

Something else BIG happened yesterday. Let me back up first. I first started stamping around 2002-2003, I don't remember exactly anymore. Shortly after that I stumbled onto Splitcoaststampers and my paper crafting world basically exploded. I learned so much from participating in challenges and from the ladies I "met" there. Some of those early creations were hideous, lol. But like most things, by practicing and doing, I improved bit by bit. I eventually had the honor of serving a term on the Dirty Dozen. I would buy different paper crafting magazines and so enjoyed seeing some of my on-line friends in the pages. How cool it must be to get published. Some day maybe that would be me. If I only I had the nerve to submit anything, lol. For the last 3 years I have set it as a goal but never took a single step towards that goal until this year. Nothing ventured nothing gained, in this case, nothing submitted, nothing published! Since January I have been putting myself out there. I have already gotten a fair number of rejections but I am also starting to get some acceptances! It is so exciting. Yesterday was the first time I actually got to see one of my projects in print!! A copy of the 2010 Scrap & Stamp magazine showed up in my mailbox and there on page 23 is a card by yours truly. Kewl!! It was icing on the cake of an already great day!!

I've had some questions about the felt flowers on the display I showed you from Spring Fest. Here is the link to the tutorial I found, her instructions were easy to follow and she shows you both the rose pin and the pom-pom (carnation) pin. A warning though, they are very addictive once you get started!

I have procrastinated enough, it is house cleaning day so I better go pull my weight.
Blessings,

8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel fantastic to have your work recognized and apreciated? :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

Congrats, Tracy!! Glad to know your beautiful work can be appreciated far and wide!

Lisa Kind said...

Congratulations, Tracy! How exciting for you! I'll have to check out the mag in the store!

Kim Kowal said...

Congrats Tracy!! How neat to have your work recognized, it's always beautiful. Going to buy the magazine!!

Teresa Kline said...

Tracy, a huge congratulations to you! I started submitting this year also, still no takers..I also have a secret...(ssshhh) desire to be a DD....sigh...a girl can dream...lol. Have a fabulous Mother's Day!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tracy and Happy Mother's Day !! Your work is exquisite and should certainly be published to inspire as many as possible. I can't wait to find that magazine and buy it. That is one of my favorites to snap up as soon as I see it. And Happy Anniversary to you and Greg---16 years to be proud of !!
Bonnie
inksbuttonsbeads.blogspot.com

Michele Boyer said...

Congrats, Tracy! That is VERY exciting!! :) :) :)

Tilly said...

congrats on being published Tracy! You know it's only a matter of time once you start submitting :) Good job!