Friday, May 28, 2010

Something New...

Happy Friday! We've got a long weekend to boot, how wonderful. Our family is camping this weekend, close to home because Greg still has church duties. But the boys are thrilled to get away even if it is only 20 miles down the road. We bought an older pop-up camper from friends at church and this will be our first outing with it. I am sure it will beat the 16 years of tent camping we have done!

Today over on the CHF blog, it is my turn to post. I decided to draw some attention to the technique forum. There are so many wonderful tutorials to be discovered there! I chose 2 tutorials to try and here are the results.

The first is a technique called vintage photo tinting. I used the Thomas Kinkade Graceland Christmas image, the details stamp so beautifully for this technique.
It uses glossy paper for that photo effect. The tutorial says to use Stone Grey Stazon but since I didn't have that I used black instead. The snowflake embossed panel is a very light blush pink color which didn't photograph as well as I would have wanted.

The other tutorial I tried was a postcard holder that Lisa did last August. The holder is a fun idea and instead of postcards, I made mine to hold a set of 4 note cards.

Here are some close-ups of the cards...

And of the inside of the holder.
If you want to read more, check out my post today on the CHF blog.

We are off to enjoy some mosquitoes, roasted marshmallows and relaxing time. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend. I'll be back on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, what a beautiful stamp of Graceland, it's no wonder that Elvis loved it so much! Great Job on that card, and with that technique. And what cute little cards with the butterflys, and icecream. Blessings to you, Rea

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my goodness....look at all the wonderful projects! :)