Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Lounge Set

The dog woke me up at 6 am to go out and once I opened the door she took off. So, after parading around the yard in my night gown I finally managed to get her back. Blasted dog! Of course I was wide awake so going back to bed was not an option, so I stamped. After a 1-2 week break from my studio the mojo needed some coaxing. When I went to take pictures of them before work I discovered both sets of RECHARGEABLE batteries were no good. Bit the dust. Won't hold a charge. I was seriously rethinking the part about not going back to bed. Deep breath, it's only cards. After getting some new batteries, I am now good to go. Oh, and I made sure to stock up on chocolate in case the rest of the day followed suit. So far so good.
I went for simple and reached for some new-to-me items from PTI. Gotta tell ya, maybe I already have, but those shape dies are da bomb!! I used a DCWV paper pack to cut out 2 chairs and 2 sofas. I used the matching outline stamps, added some Copic high lights and just like that, I was ready to assemble! The "rug" is that Amuse oval that was all the rage several years ago. The sentiments are all included in the stamp set and I love the font!

The finished size of these cards is 3 1/2x5, a perfect size for sending a short note to a friend. They're fun, clean and simple. They are perfectly delightful if I do say so myself.

PS: speaking of delightful, I rented Leap Year last night. Funny and cute.
Thanks for visiting,

6 comments:

Jacque said...

These are fabulous! I really love the simplicity.

Kathy Martin said...

These are so cute! Just love them! Great how you can change the upolstry each time you create a card! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Oh, I love these, Tracy! I didn't realize PTI had dies for this couch set! I guess I've been living under a rock! LOL! Good to see you last week!

Michele Boyer said...

These are soo cute, Tracy! I just love the paper-pieced furniture! I hope your days have been better! :)

Pat said...

Tracy...these card are just way too cute!

Becky Thomas said...

I love these. Perfect note cards to have on hand.