Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm Back with Tim Photos

Well, I am back on line! Our old computer bit the dust and was not repairable. There was a laundry list of things that burned up, broke or leaked. But the good news was our data was all retrievable. After purchasing a new tower our computer guy hooked us up with software and transferred all our data over. As thrilled as I am to be back on-line I am quickly realizing that now I have to learn a whole new operating system and probably purchase new photo editing software. It has taken an hour for me to figure out how to edit the photos for this post! I am however, excited to even have something to share!

On Saturday I had the opportunity to sit in on a class taught by the famous Tim Holtz. It was 4 hours of getting inky and when we were finished we all had a wonderful start to an album.
The album is made from Grunge paper and we were given a stack of Tim's designer papers to work with. Adhering, sanding and distressing all these pages took up a huge portion of our time and my arm was worn out, lol.
It was fascinating to hear some of Tim's stories behind some of his products, he truly is entertaining. We got to use inks, paints, distress tools, trinkets, diecuts and more. It was a good overview of many of the products Tim has developed or uses. I am not thrilled with having my own picture taken but Tim was so gracious about posing with all of us crazy stampers!
If you ever have the opportunity to take a class with Tim, I highly recommend you do so!
That's it for me for tonight. All this computer stuff has given me a huge headache.

6 comments:

Angelnorth said...

The album looks like a lot of fun Tracy! So glad you had a good time getting thoroughly inky!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Wow, Thrill of a LIfetime. How's the arm feeling!! I think Cheryl's and Lisa's are feeling the effects of all that sanding, but what a beautiful end product. Glad you had this wonderful opportunity, Tracy.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the great post on Tim, Tracy! Your photo with him is great!
I love your album!
Now that you have technology again I'm looking forward to more of your projects and cards!!

Starla said...

I am GREEN with jealousy!! I would loooove to take one of Tim's classes! I love the look of the album

diane zechman said...

What a great photo! And the album looks awesome!

Lisa Kind said...

Great photo of you and Tim! Love your version of his book! I like the birdcage partly mounted above the book! Glad you are up and running again! Lovin' all your posts!