Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Da#@!!!! Dog

I am having a week! First some spilled Windex (thanks to a loose top) I bought ruined my kitchen island counter top and some of the floor tiles! Yes, the kitchen that we just remodeled 2 summers ago. Don't even get me started! Then the dog chews up a wooden pen the boys made and got ink all over the carpet. Ink that a whole bottle full of hairspray is not getting out. During the same pen chewing session, she decided she would chew on these...


She pulled them down off the desk where I had them in a pile. Is she trying to tell me something? Argh!! I could spit nails.

I shared 3 of the 4 cards this week. Here is the 4th, in its pre-chewed state.

Do you ever feel like God is testing you? Right now I feel like I am being tested on "things" and their importance in my life. Ruined counter tops, tiles, carpet and chewed up cards are all just things. Replaceable. But still totally aggravating!!

Pffffft!

Anyone want a black lab?

8 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Oh no, Tracy!! Hope you have a better day today.

Lisa Kind said...

Oh bad dog! So sorry! Is he/she a new puppy? I don't remember you talking about a dog before. And so sorry about your counter top. I didn't think Windex could do that much damage! :-( Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! Cute card, btw!

Dawnie said...

Not cute Daisy Mae!!!!!!!!!!! Hope things get better ,,I agree with Lisa didnt realize Wundex could do so much

diane zechman said...

Aaaarrrrggghhhh! But she seemed so well behaved! Naughty pup! I'm sorry you are having a rough day! I hope you can find a fix for the Windex and ink spills!

Kim Kowal said...

What is it with dogs and our craft supplies??? My dog gets into mine too!! Hope you have a better day!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, Here's a couple tips you can try. Your dog is trying to get attention and probably bored. She needs to be encouraged with some safe chew toys, I recommend the line of KONG toys that you can get at Pet Smart,when you see her get into something that is not hers direct or give her one of her toys. She is going to need to be walked. Twice a day for 15 minutes is good. I have a Westie, (West Highland Terrier) they are chewers, and natural born hunters, they have the desire and instinct to move forward. If the weather doesn't permit a walk, we play ball with him, we roll it to him, and he chases it. This helps him not to have pent up energy. When they are getting into things they are bored. If you have a full bred dog, I would recomend studying that breed, it will help you understand your dog and the needs it has. Hope this helps, Rea

Pat said...

Oh Tracy...I am so sorry and I hope things get better.

Cheryl said...

Aw, Tracy, I'm so sorry about the week you're having! When I hit the house (a little) with my new car (that I love) I decided I was being taught a lesson, too. It's not the things in life that matter most, is it? But....