Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peaches 'n Cream Pie

When I was a kid I was allergic to peaches. I would break out in hives all over if I ate one. I KNOW! The tragedy of it all! Somewhere along the way my allergy went away. Thank goodness, 'cause I loooove peaches. Peach season is upon us and I am finding more and more ways to use them. Here is what we had for dessert last night.


You are in for for a 2fer today! I have a recipe to share for incredible Peaches 'n Cream pie as well as my favorite pie crust. We like the Sour Cream Apple Pie recipe so much I searched out something similar to do with peaches. Mmmm!

I make my own crust after years of being too intimidated to try. The recipe comes from The Silver Palate cookbook. My SIL has been using it for years and we always love her pies. I find the recipe really easy to work with and the results are always tasty. I use my KitchenAide food processor to whip it up in a flash. Just be careful not to over process it or it will be tough.

Click on the photos to bring up a bigger view if you'd like.

If you give these recipes a go, I would love to know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by, blessings on your day!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy

I was hoping you would be posting recipes soon, I love your cards. I also made a few on posted htem on my blog, I would love for you to check them out, and leave some feedback. I so admire your work. My tiny blog is www.crazyforstamps.blogspot.com

diane zechman said...

The peach pie sounds yummy! And your pie crust is very similar to mine...it's the best!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my goodness this sounds so wonderful! LOVE your recipe cards! So pretty! :)

Lisa Kind said...

I'm getting hungry again reading your posts! LOL!!! And I'm lovin' these recipe cards (and the recipes themselves)! Wonderful!