Monday, October 18, 2010

Boo!

Well, I did have some success in the studio last night so there will be things to share this week!

First up is a card for Stampavie's latest challenge: to use spooky colors. Can I tell you something? I don't like scary movies, I don't like dark scary houses on Halloween, I don't like scary costumes, and I don't like it when people come up behind me and scare me....Halloween or not. Call me a wimp, but I don't do scary. That made this challenge a real challenge. This card is about as spooky as I get, lol.

I used one of the adorable new Tina Wenke Halloween images. Rumor is they are already becoming hard to find. Once again I started with Copics and finished with touches of colored pencils. I finally had an opportunity to use the Martha Stewart web border I bought last year. I added some cut pieces to the top corners and added black Stickles to them as well as the spider. Somehow making the spider sparkle made him less scary. I colored a second leaf, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals. The letters are from Making Memories.

To see all the spooky color samples the Stampavie DT brewed up for this challenge, follow this link.

So, there you have it...spooky ala wimpy girl, lol.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Tracy this is too cute! Love the playful pumpkin and spider and love the corners.....super!

Bonnie said...

I love your card, Tracy! I'll be wimpy right along with you. I like cute Halloween stuff, not ugly and scary stuff. Your colors are beautiful and I love your use of the border punch. Great card !!!