Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Makin' a List

I can not believe that it is December already! It is definitely time to be making a list of what needs to get accomplished over the next few weeks.

My MIL asked me if she could sell some of my things at a luncheon she was attending. She did this last year for the first time and she did well clearing out some things I had left from a craft show. I didn't do a show this year so it meant I had to work a bit harder to fill up a basket for her. List pads always seem to be the thing that sell out for me and since they are quick I made sure to do a stack. Here are two designs I made...

The pads start out as junior legal pads that I had cut in half at an office supply store. There isn't much room to decorate, a small piece of patterned paper and an embellishment about does it. I love the new Modern Homemaker papers by October Afternoon and the retro kitchen gadget design seemed a natural choice for those refrigerator list pads. The oven mitt is part of a Sizzix die I have with an apron, it was the perfect size for the top. I covered some chipboard with paper, cut them out and added a bit of Antique Linen Distress ink to the edges.

I had a bunch of the smaller felt flowers from SU left over from a class I did, they came together even faster. There are magnetic strips along the back.

I hope what I put together sells well, a little bit of extra pocket money wouldn't hurt!

I have the most adorable set of cards to show you...if I can find enough day light to take a photo. Nothing but grey skies and rain around our parts. Driving to work in the dark is the pits but driving home in the dark is just plain depressing.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Once again, always love your work... when are you going to post another one of your oh so pretty and adorable recipe cards?

Nancy said...

These are great! And would be wonderful stocking stuffers, too. SO CUTE!

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute!! What a great idea!

Pieces of Mayhem said...

Thanks for sharring this